a place where you can sit down and talk about music


Wednesday 3 July 2013

A ton of love and even... less?

---Togama---

Open'er starts today - the biggest festival in Poland, with the line-up from my dreams. Editors, The National, Kings of Leon, Alt-J, Arctic Monkeys, and many more...  And I am not there so I must repeat to myself: Togama, you don't regret, Togama you don't really want to see them live! It is enough to look at the YouTube videos from Editors concerts and listen to their new album! Oh I forgot to write about it, so...

I don't know what to say, really. New Editors album had its premiere two days ago and I must confess I was listening it a little earlier (I can't tell you how, cause it was illegal ;). And what after one month? It is so difficult to describe feelings, when they are mixed like a hell.

On one side - I am happy that I can hear new stuff from them. Each song has something good inside, mainly Tom Smith's voice is an attribute which makes music better. But... On the other hand... I think I had too big expectations and now I am suffering. This album is too smooth, too pop, too boring... Of course nice melodies, but there is not so many quick and interesting guitar riffs like on previous albums, bass guitar is not so good and dark like earlier. So unfortunately I must tell you - I miss my old Editors :(

But I am listening still... and I find songs which I will listen in future for sure. Especially bonus recordings, yeah, I think bonus CD is better than original album!

Editors - The Weight




No comments:

Post a Comment